Hotel Review: Matahari Beach Resort and Spa, Buleleng Bali
The Matahari Beach Resort & Spa is located in the northwest of Bali, right between Bali Barat national park and the Java Sea. It seems somewhat hidden, however, it is one of the country’s most exclusive destinations.
The resort is incredibly beautiful and the service personell extra polite and hospitable. I would also like to mention the Benih Kasih orphanage in Banyupoh, which I have paid a visit. It is home to orphans and children from socially vulnerable families. The Matahari Beach Resort & Spa supports the orphanage financially on a monthly basis and furthermore the resort has also provided musical education to the kids in form of a music teacher. Twenty children are part of the music group „Suara Hati – voice of the heart“ and perform on stage of the Deli Ramona Restaurant in the evenings.
What I especially liked about the hotel:
– Parwathi Spa, named after the owner’s wife, is truly one of the most beautiful spas in the entire world. If you want to, you can even stay overnight. The hotel personell will arrange everything for you, including a candle light dinner under a starry night sky. Also worth mentioning are the stunning spa and massage treatments. There’s no massage like the Thai or Indonesian one.
– The food served in the hotel was incredible. The restaurant was not limited to Balinese cuisine only, but offered a variety of European and Asian food, too. „East meets West“, if you wanna call it that way. In order to maintain a certain level of quality the hotel mainly source regional and sustainable products. Partner plantations, organic-production holdings and local fishermen provide the hotel with goods; the hotel’s own garden is used to grow herbal and spices.
– Outdoor Shower – Yet another special experience was the hotel’s outdoor shower . It is truly a special moment taking a shower in the middle of the jungle in the open air and discovering the jungle’s sound scape and scents.
Things I didn’t like much about the hotel:
– Prepare for an additional four hour ride after arriving at Denpasar airport. I found this to be very exhausting after a 30h trip coming from Frankfurt. Therefore you are way off the typical and crowded tourists centre in the South of Bali. Jokingly someone told me the south of Bali is to Australians what Mallorca is to Germans.
– The hotel is renowned to be in the top 10 of the best hotels and spas worldwide, so it comes as no surprise that you have to pay up to an astonishing 600 EUR a night.
– If you dream of white sandy beaches, you will most likely be a bit disappointed, because the sand is rather grainy and dark. Nevertheless, the whole resort is a dream come true.
Buleleng, Bali 81155
Tel +62 362 92312 | email@example.com
*Thank you for the invitation to Matahari Beach