From the outside, this delightful, centrally located 4-star-hotel is a feast for the eyes. Right in the heart of Bruges stands this magnificent building with private parking. At the very beginning of my stay, I noticed the super friendly and attentive staff, which spoke several languages fluently.
Near the Hotel Navarra you will find a great number of great restaurants, all of which are furnished very custom and with a special eye for details. In the meantime, I got the impression that the Belgians are doing a pretty great job at picking a lovely interior design. For example, the classic furnishings are often combined with modern wall colors and decorative pieces, resulting in a harmonious mix of styles. The hotel’s central location allows you to visit concerts or various museums and take a walk through the historic city center. The lovely “big market” and the shopping streets are roughly a 150m walk away from the Hotel Navarra. (I will go into details in my next blog entry…)
What I particularly liked about the hotel:
– The hotel is located very central. It is just a 3-minute walk to the Town Hall Square in Bruges.
– Parking is also available, which is very crucial in Bruges. However, the optional parking space comes with an extra charge of €20,- per night.
– I especially like these kind of romantic, ivy-covered buildings and their charm very much, so the Hotel Navarra met my taste.
What I did not like as much about the hotel:
– The rooms themselves are clean and functional, but that’s it – some might say the rooms seem a bit pared-down to the minimum.
– Considering the hotel offers their guests a pool and sauna area, it would have been desirable to have bathrobes in your room. Or at least, if any were available at the hotel’s reception. Because who takes a bathrobe with them on short trip?