The Empire Riverside is a modern hotel in central Hamburg overlooking the River Elbe. The location is ideal, the hotel is only 100m apart from the Hamburg port and the Reeperbahn. Furthermore, it offers an unbelievably beautiful panorama view over the city. However, you should pay special attention to picking the right room category when booking. There are both suites and rooms with either river or city view.
What I especially liked about the hotel:
– The view over the port of Hamburg from our room was absolutely sensational!
– The location. Thanks to its excellent location in the heart of St. Pauli, it’s only a 15-minute walk to the St. Pauli Theater, the fish market or St. Michaelis Church.
– The Skyline Bar 20up! This is a cocktail bar on the 20th floor with a great view over Hamburg.
– The sushi was excellent and is made by Hamburg’s most famous sushi master TUK. Likewise, I would like to mention the flexibility to still prepare something to eat at 11pm.
What I didn’t like much about the hotel:
– It is an architecturally modern hotel. Therefore, the rooms may perhaps seem a little uncomfortable and cool for some people.
– You either love or hate the Kiez neighborhood. But personally, I found exactly this quite cool.
– There are some people who think the hotel’s breakfast is too over prized (23EUR). Unfortunately, I can’t judge myself, since I have always went out for breakfast.
*Thanks for invitation to Skyline 20up and the amazing room